CarePoint Health System, which owns three Hudson County hospitals, this week announced a major leadership shakeup, including the departure of Paul Walker, who was hired to run Hoboken University Medical Center less than two years ago.
Ann Logan, Hoboken’s Chief Nursing Officer, will become the Interim Operating Officer and continue her role as Chief Nursing Officer.
CarePoint, which operates health insurance plans and a health care system that also includes Bayonne Medical Center and Christ Hospital in Jersey City, said the changes will advance “its broad goal to remain a seamlessly efficient, fully integrated health care organization for residents of New Jersey, and to further streamline its service offerings and operations across various sectors.”
Beside the Walker departure, CarePoint announced the following executive personnel changes, effective immediately:
- Dr. Mark Spektor will become Chief Clinical Integration Officer of CarePoint Health and will be charged with standardizing clinical processes and procedures for the overall system. Dr. Spektor will continue his role as President of Bayonne Medical Center.
- Peter Kelly, formerly Chief Executive Officer of Christ Hospital, will become Senior Advisor for External Affairs of CarePoint Health.
- Dr. Nizar Kifaieh, previously Chief Medical Officer of Christ Hospital, will become President and Chief Medical Officer of Christ Hospital.
- Dr. Meika Roberson, formerly the Assistant Chief Medical Officer of Hoboken University Medical Center, has been promoted to Chief Medical Officer of Hoboken University Medical Center.
- Dr. Angelo Caprio, formerly Chief Medical Officer of Hoboken University Medical Center, will become Director of Physician Relations for CarePoint Health.
- Leslie Prizant, a prominent attorney who formerly served as Vice President and Associate General Counsel of one of the nation’s largest for-profit healthcare systems, will become General Counsel of CarePoint Health.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to the NJBIZ email newsletter
“We are incredibly confident that the skills of these individuals, and their commitment to CarePoint’s mission, will enhance the overall quality of patient care we all strive for,” said Spencer Baretz, spokesman for CarePoint Health. “These strategic leadership changes will allow CarePoint Health to accentuate its focus on providing affordable, patient-focused care to residents of New Jersey.
“Today’s announcement supports our overall commitment to addressing the health and wellness needs of our patients and making our community a healthier place to live.”
CarePoint has a network of 1,000 physicians as well as its three hospitals.
- Joel Taylor and Steven Goriah will become Co-Chief Information Officers of CarePoint Health.
- Gary Bryant will become Chief Financial Officer of CarePoint Health.
- Karen Davis will become the Interim Chief Operating Officer of CarePoint Health.
- Jennifer Dobin, formerly Vice President of Human Resources for Bayonne Medical Center, will become Vice President of Human Resources of CarePoint Health.
- Andrew Mintz has joined CarePoint Health as Chief Executive Officer of CarePoint Health Medical Group. He was formerly the Executive Director of Summit Medical Group, the largest and oldest physician-owned multispecialty practice in New Jersey.
ALSO ON NJBIZ:
New frontier: N.J. biotech, Palatin Technologies, on the forefront of a 'women's Viagra' to treat female sexual dysfunction
NBCUniversal cuts ribbon on $17 million facility
The 10 most exciting places in New Jersey? Research and rankings provide an answer