Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google Plus RSS

NJ Natural Gas lowers rates for 2018

By ,

New Jersey Natural Gas has received approval from the state’s Board of Public Utilities to slightly lower its rates this year.

The utility is part of natural gas utility New Jersey Resources, and delivers natural gas to half a million customers in Monmouth, Ocean and parts of Morris, Middlesex, Sussex and Burlington counties via 7,300 miles of gas distribution and infrastructure.

Residents in those counties using the average of 1,000 therms annually will see their bill go from $1,062.88 annually to $1,056.78 per year, or down 0.6 percent. This will be in addition to the 0.7 percent reduction that was approved by the BPU in September. The net effect of these rate changes is an overall annual decrease of $13.40 or 1.3 percent. The new rate and cumulative savings will be effective Nov. 1. 

“With the weather turning colder, we are pleased to help further lower customers’ bills heading into the winter heating season,” Laurence M. Downes, CEO of New Jersey Natural Gas, said in a press release. “As always, we are committed to doing our best to ensure safe, reliable, affordable service for our customers.” 

More From This Industry

Vince Calio

Vince Calio

Vince Calio covers health care and manufacturing for NJBIZ. You can contact him at vcalio@njbiz.com.

Leave a Comment


Please note: All comments will be reviewed and may take up to 24 hours to appear on the site.

Post Comment
View Comment Policy