Walmart donates more than $400K to N.J. charities
State-based charities Sage Eldercare and the Food Bank of South Jersey were among the beneficiaries of several charitable donations made by Walmart and the Walmart Foundation on Tuesday.
The two charities were rewarded $60,000 and $50,000, respectively. Other charities and the amounts they received are:
- Atlantic City Rescue Mission, $50,000;
- Northwest New Jersey Community Action Program, $30,000;
- Franklin Township Food Bank, $35,000;
- Elijah’s Promise, $30,000;
- Community Food Bank of New Jersey, $50,000;
- Oaks Integrated Care, $25,000;
- Jewish Family Service of Atlantic County, $40,000;
- Arm in Arm, $50,000.
“These organizations provide such valuable services for the communities they serve, and assist local citizens during some of the most difficult times of their lives,” Jennifer Hoehn, Walmart's director of public affairs and government relations for New Jersey, said in a press release. “We’re so grateful to be a part of the amazing work these organizations do and the difference they make each day.”