The Rutgers Business School's Center for Real Estate has unveiled the founding members of its advisory board, a star-studded roster than includes more 60 of the most influential developers and industry professionals in New Jersey.
In a news release, the program said its board is meant to be a cross-section of New Jersey’s real estate sector, featuring everyone from builders and brokers to government officials and bankers. And it will help provide students with speakers, mentors and access to real-world experiences as Rutgers continues to mold the academic and research program.
“We have assembled the industry’s top minds to help us revitalize and transform the way real estate curriculum is taught both in and out of the classroom,” Morris A. Davis, the Paul V. Profeta Chair and academic director of the Center for Real Estate at Rutgers Business School, said in a prepared statement. “We appreciate the commitments that each member has made to our program and will be relying on our Advisory Board to bring practical and real world knowledge and experiences from every sector of our industry into our Center.”
Click here to subscribe to the NJBIZ Real Estate Weekly and other e-newsletters
Many board members were on hand last month as either guests or panelists at the New Urbanism Conference, the first major conference hosted by the center. The event helped roll out a program that has been forming since early 2013, when Rutgers Business School said it would launch an MBA concentration in real estate, thanks to a new $3 million endowment to establish a chair in the field.
Profeta, owner and president of West Orange-based Paul V. Profeta and Associates Inc., donated $1.5 million to the post. Rutgers announced last summer that Davis, who had held a similar position at the Wisconsin School of Business, would be its first chair for real estate.
The center’s advisory board executive committee includes:
- Carl Goldberg (co-chair), CEO, Canoe Brook Management LLC
- James E. Hanson (co-chair), CEO and president, The Hampshire Cos.
- Lynn DeCastro, principal, Prudential Real Estate Investors
- George Jacobs, CEO, Jacobs Enterprises
- Ronald Ladell, senior vice president, AvalonBay Communities Inc.
- Gualberto Medina, executive vice president, CBRE
- Christopher Paladino, president, New Brunswick Development Corp.
- Paul Profeta, CEO, Paul V. Profeta and Associates Inc.
- Ted Zangari, member, Sills Cummis & Gross P.C.
The other advisory board members are as follows:
- David Bernhaut, vice chairman (capital markets), Cushman & Wakefield
- Marc Berson, chairman, Fidelco Group
- Kimberly Brennan, chief operating officer, Colliers International NY LLC
- Monica Casiello, director of marketing, US Title Solutions
- Michael Chlopak, managing director, Citibank
- Raymond T. Cirz, senior managing director, Integra Realty Resources
- William J. Colgan, managing partner, Community Healthcare Associates LLC
- Peter Crovo, senior vice president/market officer, Prologis
- Rafael Cuellar, CEO and president, ShopRite of Passaic
- Stanley Danzig, executive vice president (brokerage services), Cushman & Wakefield
- Salvatore A. Davino, founder, Fidelity Land Development Co.
- Michael Francois, director, Port Authority of New York & New Jersey
- Mitchell Frumkin, president, Kipcon Engineering
- Jeffrey Garibaldi, president, The Garibaldi Group
- Rick Gelmetti, executive vice president, Lee & Associates New Jersey LLC
- Francis J. Giantomasi, member, Chiesa, Shahinian and Giantomasi
- Meryl Gonchar, partner/co-chair (redevelopment & land use) at Greenbaum Rowe Smith & Davis LLP
- William C. Hanson, president, NAI James E. Hanson
- Michael P. Hedden, managing director, real estate solutions, FTI Consulting
- Robert Heidenberg, CEO and president, Heidenberg Property Groups
- Sanford S. Herrick, co-founder and managing principal, Case Real Estate Capital LLC
- Tony Ianuale, chief operating officer/CFO, Dresdner Robin Environmental Management Inc.
- John Inglesino, managing partner, Inglesino, Webster, Wyciskla & Taylor
- Christopher Johnson, CEO and founder, Hollister Construction Services
- Sonny Jumani, president, Tulfra Realty II LLC
- Robert A. Klausner, partner, Fox Rothschild LLP
- Robert C. Kossar, executive managing director, Jones Lang LaSalle
- Steven Lang, CEO and president, DS&D
- Joseph Langan, president, River Drive Construction
- Arthur A. Linfante, principal, Value Research Group
- Timothy J. Lizura, president and chief operating officer, New Jersey Economic Development Authority
- Anthony Marchetta, executive director, New Jersey Housing & Mortgage Finance Agency
- Chris Martin, chairman, CEO and president, Provident Bank
- Stanley T. Omland, president, Omland Engineering Associates Inc.
- Jeffrey R. Rich, partner, Genova Burns
- Kevin Riordan, Commercial Real Estate Investment
- Lloyd Rosenberg, CEO and president, DMR Architects
- Edward Russo, CEO, Russo Development
- Dudley D. Ryan, senior vice president, CBRE Brokerage Services
- Edward San George, president, Integra Management Corp.
- Mark Scott, founder and principal, Commercial Mortgage Capital
- Sefi Silverstein, shareholder, Wilkin & Guttenplan P.C.
- David A. Simon, executive managing director (New Jersey), Colliers International
- Jeffrey D. Spalt, director/principal, Dynamic Engineering Consultants PC
- Richard Spengler, chief lending officer/executive vice president, Investors Bank
- Debra Tantleff, founding principal, Tantum Real Estate
- Joseph S. Taylor, CEO and president, Matrix Development Group
- Finn Wentworth, founder and partner, Normandy Real Estate Partners
- Maurice Zekaria, president, Paramount Realty Services Inc.
- Ralph Zucker, president, Somerset Development
ALSO ON NJBIZ:
The new fight over sick leave has new twist
SpeakEasy: Decreasing levels of leadership increases productivity
Editorial: Innovation Park@Rutgers is huge step for state