Six New Jersey companies received $83 million in funding in the second quarter of 2014, according to the latest MoneyTree report from PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP and the National Venture Capital Association.
That was a 324 percent dollar increase from the first quarter, when five deals resulted in $19.6 million in investment.
According to PricewaterhouseCoopers, the six companies that received funding were:
• Fleetwash Inc., a West Caldwell mobile truck washing company: an undisclosed amount from DFW Capital Partners LP.
• Giddy Inc., an Edison mobile commerce company: $6.5 million from BoxGroup; Eniac Ventures LP; First Round Capital; Greycroft Partners LLC; Signia Ventures; Social Starts LLC; and an undisclosed firm.
• Glass-U LLC, a Princeton Junction sunglass company: an undisclosed amount from First Round Capital.
• Pacific DataVision Inc., a Paterson mobile workforce communications company: $38.9 million from Northwood Ventures.
• PanOptica Inc., a Bernardsville biopharmaceutical company: $12.6 million from Novo A/S; SV Life Sciences Advisers LLC; and Third Rock Ventures LLC.
• Valeritas Inc., a Bridgewater medical technology company: $25 million from Advanced Technology Ventures; HLM Venture Partners; MPM Capital LLC; ONSET Ventures; Tullis Health Investors; an undisclosed firm; and Welsh Carson Anderson & Stowe.
Three of the deals were for late-stage ventures, totaling $63.9 million; three were for early stage ventures, totaling $19.1 million.
The report said, nationwide, venture capitalists invested $13 billion in 1,114 deals during the second quarter, an increase of 34 percent in terms of dollars and 13 percent in terms of deals compared with the first quarter of the year.
ALSO ON NJBIZ:
Please note: All comments will be reviewed and may take up to 24 hours to appear on the site.View Comment Policy