New Jersey companies ADP, Johnson & Johnson and Sealed Air are the top companies in each of their fields on Fortune Magazine's “World's Most Admired Companies” list for 2014.
According to an ADP announcement on Thursday, this is the eighth consecutive year that ADP has been recognized, and the fourth time in the past five years that it has been on the top spot in its industry category.
"Ranking at the top of our category once again on the Fortune "Most Admired" list, as recognized by our peers, demonstrates ADP's relentless pursuit of excellence in everything we do," said Carlos Rodriguez, president and CEO of ADP. "We maintain a deep commitment not only to performance and service excellence, but to innovation. Our ability to deliver solutions that meet and exceed our clients' expectations is a testament to the talent, expertise and unwavering dedication of our more than 60,000 associates around the world."
Overall New Jersey highlights from the list:
- New Brunswick-based Johnson & Johnson came in on the list at No. 19 as an overall company in the Fortune's top 50 most admired companies list. The company also ranked No. 1 in the pharmaceutical industry and last year was ranked No. 4.
- Roseland-based ADP ranked No. 1 in the financial data services field. It did not make the top 50.
- Elmwood Park-based Sealed Air ranked at the top of the packaging/containers category. It was previously ranked No. 5 and did not make the top 50.
- Whitehouse Station-based Merck ranked No. 7 in the pharmaceutical industry. It previously ranked No. 2 and did not make the top 50.
- Franklin Lakes-based Becton Dickinson came in at No. 7 in the medical products and equipment field. It was previously ranked No. 4 and did not make the top 50.
- Teaneck-based Cognizant Technology Solutions ranked No. 3 in the information technology services field. It was previously ranked No. 4 and did not make the top 50.
- Morris Township-based Honeywell International ranked No. 5 in the aerospace and defense category. It was previously ranked No. 4 and did not make the top 50.
- Newark-based Prudential Financial came in at No. 3 in the life and health category. It was previously ranked No. 2 and did not make the top 50.
- Newark-based PSEG ranked No. 4 in the electric and gas utilities field. It held the same ranking last year and did not make the top 50.
Each year, Fortune Magazine partners with Hay Group to conduct this annual survey of executives, directors and analysts are asked to rate approximately 1,400 companies on nine key attributes of corporate reputation. Only the top five companies in each category are ranked as "Most Admired Companies," the release said.
The complete list can be viewed here.
ALSO ON NJBIZ:
Please note: All comments will be reviewed and may take up to 24 hours to appear on the site.View Comment Policy