Onyx Equities reports 24 percent year-over-year increase in leasing Real estate investment, development and management firm caps successful 2013 with 721,957 square feet of lease transactions
Woodbridge-based real estate investment, development and management firm Onyx Equities announced Thursday that 2013 was one of the most successful years for leasing in recent years.
According to the announcement, Onyx completed 721,957 square feet of lease transactions throughout its portfolio of office, retail, industrial and self-storage properties.
This represents a 24 percent year-over-year increase in total leasing for the company, which owns and/or manages 21 million square feet of properties along the East Coast, the announcement said.
Some noteworthy leases Onyx completed in 2013:
- Shiseido Americas Corp. signed a new lease for 26,520 square feet of space at 301 Route 17 North, an Onyx owned property in North Rutherford. Studley executive managing director John Mambrino and senior managing director Gregg Najarian represented the tenant.
- East Rutherford-based Kids Brands Inc. signed a new lease for 26,520 square feet of space at 301 Route 17 North. Newmark Grubb Knight Frank senior managing director Peter Rossi represented the tenant.
- Lakewood-based Mister Cookie Face Inc. renewed its 40,625-square-foot lease at 1989 Rutgers University Blvd. in Lakewood. WBS Equities principal Wendy Berger Shapiro represented the tenant.
- Kraemer Properties Inc. renewed its 25,200-square-foot please at 1925 Swarthmore Ave. in Lakewood.
- Federal Home Loan Bank renewed its 20,826-square-foot lease at 30 Montgomery St. in Jersey City.
- Rutherford-based SGS North America Inc. renewed its 36,920-square-foot lease at 201 Route 17 North in North Rutherford. Cushman & Wakefield associate director Ben Brenner represented the tenant.
ALSO ON NJBIZ:
N.J. Chamber announces new April dates for postponed 'Walk to Washington'
NJBIZ announces list of Best Places to Work in N.J.
Survey: Winter weather is to blame for decline in N.J. manufacturing activity