One New Jersey university keeps making the top lists when it comes to degree programs with the best return on investment.
Princeton University ranks No. 6 on the list of the top 25 ranked engineering programs that offer students the greatest future earnings potential, according to a new survey from BestValueSchools.com. The 30-year average net ROI for students who complete one of Princeton's engineering programs is $1.23 million.
Princeton also made it to the rankings on the list of the top 25 ranked business and economic programs with the best return on investment, coming in at No 4.
(The university's president, Christopher Eisgruber, was recently named to the NJBIZ Power 100 list of the most powerful people in New Jersey business.)
The rankings were compiled using statistics from U.S. News and World Report and the salary information specialists at Payscale.com.
On average, engineers in all specialties can earn salaries well above the average worker, according to information published by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The cost of an engineering degree can vary greatly from school to school. The complete report can be viewed here.
Below is the list of the top 25 ranked engineering programs with the best ROI for 2014.
1. California Institute of Technology: Pasadena, Calif.
2. Massachusetts Institute of Technology: Cambridge, Mass.
3. Stanford University: Stanford, Calif.
4. Georgia Institute of Technology: Atlanta, Ga.
5. Harvard University: Cambridge, Mass.
6. Princeton University: Princeton, N.J.
7. Carnegie Mellon University: Pittsburg, Pa.
8. University of California-Berkeley: Berkeley, Calif.
9. Columbia University: New York City, N.Y.
10. Duke University: Durham, N.C.
11. Cornell University: Ithaca, N.Y.
12. Johns Hopkins University: Baltimore, Md.
13. Rice University: Houston, Texas.
14. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University: Blacksburg, Va.
15. University of Illinois-Urbana/Champaign: Urbana/Champaign, Ill.
16. Texas A&M University: College Station, Texas
17. Purdue University, West Lafayette: West Lafayette, Ind.
18. University of Maryland-College Park: College Park, Md.
19. University of Texas-Austin: Austin, Texas
20. University of Michigan-Ann Arbor: Ann Arbor, Mich.
21. University of California-Los Angeles: Los Angeles, Calif.
22. University of Minnesota-Twin Cities: Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minn.
23. Pennsylvania State University: State College, Pa.
24. University of Wisconsin-Madison: Madison, Wis.
25. Northwestern University: Evanston and Chicago, Ill.
ALSO ON NJBIZ:
Please note: All comments will be reviewed and may take up to 24 hours to appear on the site.View Comment Policy