When it comes to college business programs with the best return on investment, one New Jersey university has risen to near the top of the list — and it doesn't even have a formal business school.
Princeton University ranks No. 4 on the list of the top 25 ranked business and economic programs with the best return on investment, according to a new survey from BestValueSchools.com. (The university's president, Christopher Eisgruber, was recently named to the NJBIZ Power 100 list of the most powerful people in New Jersey business.)
The rankings were based on a list of 25 top universities in the United States as determined by the Center for World Class Universities at Shanghai Jiao Tong University, according to a press release. The 25 schools were then rated by Best Value Schools according to potential earnings as projected by Payscale.com.
The rankings are part of an ongoing series examining degree programs with the best return on investment, including rankings of computer science degree programs and engineering programs. The average cost for a graduate degree is around $80,000, according to CareerBuilder.com.
Here is the full list of the 25 colleges and universities that have business and economic programs with the best ROI for 2014:
1. Massachusetts Institute of Technology: Cambridge, Mass.
2. Stanford University: Stanford, Calif.
3. Harvard University: Cambridge, Mass.
4. Princeton University: Princeton, N.J.
5. University of Pennsylvania: Philadelphia, Pa.
6. Carnegie Mellon University: Pittsburgh, Pa.
7. Columbia University: New York City, N.Y.
8. Cornell University: Ithaca, N.Y.
9. Duke University: Durham, N.C.
10. University of California-Berkeley: Berkeley, Calif.
11. University of California-San Diego: San Diego, Calif.
12. Yale University: New Haven, Conn.
13. University of Maryland-College Park: College Park, Md.
14. University of Texas at Austin: Austin, Texas
15. University of Washington: Seattle, Wash.
16. University of Michigan-Ann Arbor: Ann Arbor, Mich.
17. University of California-Los Angeles: Los Angeles, Calif.
18. University of Minnesota-Twin Cities: Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minn.
19. New York University: New York City, N.Y.
20. Arizona State University-Tempe: Tempe, Ariz.
21. University of Chicago: Chicago, Ill.
22. Northwestern University: Evanston and Chicago, Ill.
23. Michigan State University: East Lansing, Mich.
24. The Ohio State University-Columbus: Columbus, Ohio
25. Indiana University-Bloomington: Bloomington, Ind.
Please note: All comments will be reviewed and may take up to 24 hours to appear on the site.View Comment Policy