What is the largest-company in New Jersey?
Pharma may still be a big player in the state, but none of the top pharma companies take the lead when it comes to size.
Instead, Prudential Financial of Newark is the biggest company, public or private, in New Jersey, with revenues of more than $84 billion.
It's just one of the many categories NJBIZ puts in its annual Book of Lists, a must-have for business professionals that was released on Monday.
Here are the top five (ranked by annual revenue):
1. Prudential (Newark): $84B
2. Johnson & Johnson (New Brunswick): $67B
3. Merck (Whitehouse Station): $47B
4. Honeywell (Morristown): $37B
5. Chubb (Warren): $13B
Click here for a complete list of the largest public companies.
Retailer Toys "R" Us tops the list of private companies. Here are the top five (ranked by annual revenue):
1. Toys "R" Us (Wayne): $13.5 billion
2. SHI International (Somerset): $4.4 billion
3. Alpha Industries (Lyndhurst): $2.4 billion
4. Conair Corp (East Windsor): $2.1 billion
5. NJ Manufactures Insurance (West Trenton): $1.6 billion
Click here for a complete list of the largest private companies.
To purchase your copy of the book featuring more than 75 lists — including everything from top accounting firms to top venture capital firms, the Power 50 in real estate and health care to top business incubators and state agencies — click here.
Stay informed: Subscribe to free NJBIZ newsletters
Please note: All comments will be reviewed and may take up to 24 hours to appear on the site.View Comment Policy