Every year, NJBIZ puts together a list of the top 50 women in business. The hunt for candidates is going on right now, and if you know someone who deserves such an honor, now is the time for a nomination.
Past winners include some of the most prominent women in business in New Jersey, and years after making it on the list, they get together for periodic reunions, forming a powerful network that can't be matched in the state.
"I appreciated being on the list, given the amazing, successful women who represent the N.J. business community," said Sally Glick, a principal of the firm and chief growth strategist at Sobel & Co. in Livingston. "There is a wide range of women in the for-profit and nonprofit markets who have made a significant impact on us all. It is quite an honor to be included with such a prestigious group."
Simply put, if you're a woman in business in New Jersey, you want to be part of this group.
So now's your chance, or the chance for you to nominate a deserving friend or coworker. Here's what we're looking for:
- Must be a female resident or be employed in New Jersey
- May be self-nominated or nominated by another person
- Nominees may be employed in a for-profit business or nonprofit organization
- Nominees must hold a senior management-level position with significant authority in decision-making.
- Cannot be a past award recipient, member of the judges panel or a member of the judges' immediate family
Nominations can be submitted online by clicking on this link, and the deadline is Wednesday, Jan. 8.