Merck & Co., in the Whitehouse Station section of Readington, priced on Wednesday a $6.5 billion public offering of senior unsecured notes.
According to an announcement from the company, the notes include:
– $1 billion of 0.70 percent notes, due May 2016.
– $500 million of floating rate notes, due May 2016.
– $1 billion of 1.30 percent notes, due May 2018.
– $1 billion of floating rate notes, due May 2018.
– $1.75 billion of 2.80 percent notes, due May 2023.
– $1.25 billion of 4.15 percent notes, due May 2043.
The company said in its announcement that proceeds from the notes will be used to repurchase common stock and for general corporate purposes. The offering is expected to close May 20.
Please note: All comments will be reviewed and may take up to 24 hours to appear on the site.View Comment Policy