Rutgers University President Dr. Robert Barchi today announced the members of the search committee tasked with selecting a new head for intercollegiate athletics after the forced resignation of former athletics director Tim Pernetti amid the Mike Rice coaching scandal.
The panel will be co-chaired by Rutgers alumna Kate Sweeney, senior vice president with Morgan Stanley in New Brunswick, and Richard L. Edwards, executive vice president for academic affairs. The search committee also includes:
- Stefania Balasa – undergraduate student, School of Arts and Sciences Class of 2014;
- Dorothea Berkhout – executive director of administration, Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy;
- Lauren Braswell – alumna, '07;
- Hollis Copeland – member of the Board of Trustees and alumnus, '78;
- Steven Darien – member of the Board of Trustees and alumnus, '63;
- Nydia Flores – associate professor, Graduate School of Education;
- Ronald Garutti – member of the Board of Trustees and alumnus, '67
- Cheryl Hart – senior manager, University Budget and Alumna, '93
- Denise Hover – alumna, '79
- Ruth Anne Koenick – director, Office for Violence Prevention and Victim Assistance
- Jeffrey Longhofer – director, Tyler Clementi Center; associate professor, School of Social Work
- Jorge Marcone – associate professor, School of Arts and Sciences, Spanish & Portuguese;
- Daniel O'Connor – chair of New Brunswick Faculty Council and Associate Professor, Library and Information Science;
- Shaun O'Hara – alumnus, '99 and '05;
- Jennifer O'Neill – alumna, '95 and '03;
- Brian Perkins – vice chair, Board of Overseers, and alumnus, '76;
- Ronald Quincy – director, Center for Nonprofit Management and Governance, and lecturer, School of Social Work;
- Dudley Rivers – chair, Board of Trustees, and alumnus, '82;
- William Rodgers – professor, Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy;
- Philip Scalo – alumnus, '75 and '78;
- Kenneth Schmidt – member of the Board of Governors and alumnus, '67;
- Susan Schurman – dean, School of Management and Labor Relations;
- Candace Straight – member of the Board of Governors;
- Kathryn Uhrich – dean of Mathematical and Physical Sciences, School of Arts and Sciences, and professor, Chemistry and Chemical Biology
- Scott Walker – executive director, Academic Support Services for Student Athletes;
- Karen Stubaus – vice president for Academic Affairs and Administration, and staff to the committee.
"The faculty, administrators, staff, students, alumni and members of our governing boards who have agreed to serve on this important committee represent a broad cross section of the Rutgers community," Barchi said in a statement. "These individuals bring a wide range of knowledge, experience and perspectives to the table in order to conduct an expansive and thorough search for an outstanding athletics director."
The committee will work closely with Parker Executive Search, the firm appointed by the university to assist in the process.