Decoding CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments) Regulations
Monday, Jul. 29, 2013
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Online Event 2600 E. Bayshore Road Palo Alto, CA 94303 Directions
The Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) training will outline the CLIA standards for frequency, methodology and also give examples of practical application.
Why Should You Attend:
The terms calibration, calibration verification and method validation are sometimes used interchangeably. The reality is that all of these are distinctly different processes and are all required by CLIA as related to medical laboratories. This presentation will explore the definitions, distinctions and rules of all three.
The Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments presentation will outline the CLIA standards for frequency, methodology and give examples of practical application. These rules have been in place since 2003 and compliance will be judged on inspections by CLIA, JCAHO, COLA, CAP and AAB. This presentation will give outlines for compliance and address basic formulas used to calculate precision, accuracy etc. We also will discuss the new EP23 regulations and how they affect your lab.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- What do calibration, calibration verification and method validation mean?
- When each of these processes should take place.
- What systems are required to use these processes and which ones are not.
- Requirements for validation of new test systems.
- Remedial action if these processes are unsuccessful or have unexpected results.
- Reasoning behind each process and why they are necessary.
Event Price: $299.00
Event Website: http://www.complianceonline.com/ecommerce/control/trainingFocus/~product_id=701304?channel=njbiz Online Registration Available: Yes
Referral firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (650) 620-3915