Export Finance Workshop: How to Process and Finance an Export Order
Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2012
8:00 AM - 11:00 AM
ACIN Center Operations - Waterfront Technology Center 200 Federal Street Suite 300 Camden, NJ 08103 Directions
You have an opportunity for an important sale. You have received a Request for Quotation, and do not know where to begin. We can help! This workshop will help you identify the necessary steps you need to take – from obtaining an International Credit Report on your prospective customer to determining the best method of payment. We will walk you through how to use export credit insurance to protect against buyer non-payment, offer extended payment terms to strengthen your quote, and to obtain working capital loans by insuring foreign receivables. You will receive the latest information on new financing programs available with U.S. government backing from the Export–Import Bank of the United States and the Small Business Administration. You will also hear from companies like yours who have successfully utilized this financing to grow their international business.
You will learn how to:
- Begin due diligence on your prospective customer by reviewing the U.S. Department of Commerce Consolidated Screening List.
- Obtain credit references and an International Credit Report on your potential buyer.
- Identify method of shipment and obtain shipping quotes from an international freight forwarder.
- Review and select the best method of payment such as cash in advance, letters of credit, or extended payment terms.
- Utilize export credit insurance and working capital financing from the Export-Import Bank of the U.S. or the Small Business Administration to insure and access loans to support your export order.
World Trade Center of Greater Philadelphia
Event Price: $60.00 Member Price: $45.00
Event Website: http://www.wtcphila.org/events/eventdetail.aspx?EventID=15 Online Registration Available: Yes
Marissa Collen firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (215) 586-4240